Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bourbon Street Here I Come

Last night Lisa and I saw an evening of solo works down at the Theatre Off-Jackson, a showcase organized and put up by Unicycle Collective. Our freind, and fellow budding playwright, performed his short piece "Think" and it was quite impressive. Some of the acts were better than others, but overall it was a good evening. It even made me feel like I should compose my own solo piece, even though the thought of it scares me silly...but then we should confront what fears us, shouldn't we?

I'll have to put this blog on hold for a week while I'm attending the ATHE (Association for Theatre in Higher Education) conference in New Orleans. Needless to say, Lisa and I are thrilled to be checking out the Big Easy.

We arrive a few days before the conference to hang out with some friends and then we have to get down to business on Wednesday night. I'll be working as a dramaturg for the New Play Development Workshops and I will also present a paper for the Dramaturgy Debut Panel, my work on Lisa's devised interpretation of Othello called IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST WITH TWO BACKS.

While there, we plan to eat a lot of good food, hear a lot of good jazz, do some shopping, and have a few drinks...a trip report awaits upon my return!

Cheers!

No comments: