Thursday, March 6, 2008

The clock is ticking...


I've started thinking about my next show. It's titled 7 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. It's not going to be a traditional play (as in text or narrative-based with this neat and tidy package of a story) but an ensemble-based devised piece formulated from ideas and images I've had for awhile. There will be text, movement, and music.

Here's the rough logline:

In 1947, the Doomsday Clock was set to 7 Minutes to Midnight, as a warning and analogy of the path of destruction that began with the birth of the atom bomb. In this ensemble-based piece, we’ll use text, movement and music to examine the nature of time and death and how the clock is ticking for us all.

For those of you curious about the Doomsday Clock, check out this link.

So it's just another simple show...about TIME...and DEATH...and adding a smidgen of Greek myth, too...

Perhaps when I return from India I will shed more light on this project.

By the way, the clock is set to 5 minutes right now.

Which begs me to ask, if you had only 5 minutes to live, what would you do in that 5 minutes?

No comments: