Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Now for an animated video - Changing Education Paradigms

I've always been a big fan of Sir Ken Robinson (as I've posted before) but I especially love this newly discovered video from YouTube. It's not just the visual representations of the ideas, which are particularly appropriate for the content, but for the several nuggets of wisdom.

What is important to me here is not just the paradigm shift needed for education but how he isolates art and culture as an important product of those educational strategies--and how art and culture suffers when we continue to teach children to conform to certain standards without recognizing individual talents and abilities.

My favorite quote though is, "Collaboration is the stuff of growth."

I'd like to have a plaque on the wall with that quote.

No comments: