Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Put yourself on the map

Have you ever thought, "If only I were on the map as a playwright?"

Now, you can be!

So this New Play Map is kinda fun, and informational and could be quite helpful, though I'm not exactly sure how unless everyone uses it (and by everyone, I mean all theater companies and labs and workshops and such).

Hit the tab and find me on the map:


This new play map is developed by American Voices New Play Institute at Arena Stage (in DC).  The goal is a visual mapping of where new plays are being developed and by who, from playwrights to ensembles to other theater organizations.  First thing you'll notice is that theaters center around cities, of course, and also, that the information is few and far between.  I do hope that others will put themselves on the map and see if we can track data on how many new plays are being developed.

So, what are you waiting for?

Take a few minutes and put yourself on the map.

No comments: