Saturday, January 12, 2008

Time to sleep

I emailed my new ten-minute play THE MEASURE OF LOVE last night, or rather this morning, at 4 a.m. I realized something very profound...there's a reason I never write plays with four women in them. I know nothing about them.

That's probably not entirely true, but it really felt like it at 2 am.

But I'm much better now and feel really good about this play. It has well-developed characters, a nice story with a beginning, middle and end. And it has dick jokes. And partial nudity.

What more could you want to close the evening?

After sitting through rehearsal with my new director Darian, who totally rocks, and my new cast--which oddly enough is a repeat of Brett, Megan and Amy from yesterday (now adding Erin and Imogen who are well suited for their roles). The play is in capable hands and I can't wait to see it.

But first, I have to sleep...oh, my lovely bed awaits!

No comments: